Friday, October 16, 2015

IN CELEBRATION OF INNOCENCE

So there's a little girl, not yet three years old, who visits our Kentucky Native Plants rain and dry prairie gardens here in Louisville. I've been entranced with how she relates to earthy things when she is here. She can find Monarch Butterfly caterpillars faster than any adults, she loves planting seeds, and she is a master at ringing the wind chimes!!! This is no stereotypical angel either. I mean, this Taurus girl has SPUNK!! She's an angel in tennis shoes and has a bit of the Trickster just to keep things interesting. I decided to paint her into one of my oil paintings in the summer of 2015. While the original painting is in the private collection of her parents, prints are available for purchase. In all of my works of art, and in my LIFE, I celebrate innocence, LIGHT, pure energy, and the wonder of being alive. I have no problem being naieve. I want to see the light in the world. I choose NOT to embrace darkness in my work nor in my life. I've learned that whatever we focus on the most BECOMES us. I choose the light. I choose to be happy and to be grateful for each precious moment we have to be here. And I choose love whenever I can. Hopefully, that shines through in this work. There are so many   in the world who seek to bring newness and beauty into the world and I am honored to be among them at this time in history. You can purchase prints of "A Garden Muse" on my website at this link: AnneMilliganArt.com
You can also purchase this image on a variety of other things such specialty papers, matted and framed prints, throw pillows, etc., at Fine Art America

No comments:

Post a Comment